Most support activities will be conducted via telephone, e-mail and forums, but some travel may be required, including possible international travel.
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP and SMTP as well as networking hardware
- Knowledge of or familiarity with:
- Web services programming (REST and SOAP)
- Web-based user interface programming (Java, AJAX)
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in application engineering or technical support of industrial automation systems including basic knowledge of PLCs, drives, HMI, I/O, instrumentation, robotics, sensors, and other devices used in industrial control systems is a huge plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint