Basic proficiency in business processes, including contractual and legal procedures, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational abilities and technical skills, experience in all phases of the design process from project planning and concepts through working drawings and construction administration, strong problem solving skills related to a wide variety of building projects, from renovation to new construction, strong design review skills, willingness to learn and adapt to change, demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner, requires individual to be self motivated, able to multi-task.
The engineer selected for this position will be responsible for all elements of the design for complex and challenging land development and infrastructure projects in the built and natural environment. This may include storm water management, site development, environmental permitting, waste water lines, water lines, and pump station design. The candidate will provide mentoring of design staff, including engineers and designers. The candidate will be responsible for providing team leadership, coordinating with other disciplines, client contact, and client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer in Virginia or reciprocity within 3 months
- Some travel required
- 10 - 15 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully use AutoCAD Civil 3D required , MicroStation and InRoads software experience preferred
- Experience with Federal, state and local government regulations related to civil design
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with DC, Maryland and Virginia storm water regulations is desirable
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States