This position is responsible for the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly plans utilizing current sales and trend information. This position is primarily responsible for translating the Merchant's vision into viable plans and profitable results across Omni channels. This person will participate in key cross functional initiatives that align to the strategic goals of the brand. Areas of responsibility will be larger volume or more complex areas of business.
- Partners with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, sales and inventory.
- Develops projections and inventory flow for key items/collections.
- Provides other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, color-selling, etc.)
- Forecasts monthly and seasonal plans, to ensure all orders fall within approved financial targets.
- Analyzes and reacts to performance of strategy based on actual sales and current trend performance.
- Partners with Merchant to develop and propose tactics in response to current business trends, such as:
- Make recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity Monthly plan review process: develop sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts
- Manage and execute promotional and liquidation strategy
- Communicate revisions within the team and cross functionally
- Partners with cross functional teams to develop and utilize seasonal selling curves by region, climate, and store attribute.
- Exhibits initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potential
- Prepares and participates in Merchandise Review meetings (MBR, seasonal hindsight)
- Acts a resource and leader for planning team and cross functional partners.
- May supervise and develop merchandise planner(s) and/or associate planner(s)
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in finance, operations, or business
- 5+ years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- System proficiency with strong emphasis on Excel
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders