Growing and established company has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer
open due to a promotion at a high volume plant commutable to the east of Columbia, SC. In this capacity will have responsibilities for inspection, quality assurance, NCR/CAR, FAI/PPAP as well as other activities. The quality value stream (PPAPs, 8D’s, NPI) will be managed from the supplier to the customer for specific product area of responsibility. Will facilitate the development and maintenance of PFMEA’s, control plans and other APQP documentation for continuous improvement. There is attractive bonus potential and 3 weeks of vacation associated with this position.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years of quality experience in manufacturing with exposure to both TS16949 and ISO9001
- Must have customer quality experience
- Experience with quality systems (ISO/TS/IATF 16949 or AS9100)
- Experience that is at least moderate with the MS Office suite
- Successful background in leading root cause analysis, corrective actions and problem-solving in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years of experience utilizing of at least 2 of the following tools for quality: SPC, APQP, FMEA, DOE, 8D, Gage R&R, Fishbone, PPAP, Process Capability Study, effective interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills are needed as well as being detail –oriented
- Strong with initiative and teamwork
- Green Belt is preferred
- ASQ Certification is preferred
- Skilled at assignment prioritization to meet established objectives and goals
- Able to travel internationally
- Adaptable and able to coordinate and manage multiple tasks at the same time