This company is part of an organization that provides quality automotive products. This client is looking for an HR Manager for their manufacturing plant located in Columbus, OH.
The Human Resources Manager has overall responsibility for leadership of the day-to-day operations of the human resources function of the manufacturing plant. The manager plans, directs, and coordinates human resource management activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as personnel record-keeping, compensation, recruitment, employment policies, employee relations, training and workforce development, and regulatory compliance with laws and regulations.
- Plan, direct, and supervise work activities of subordinates and staff related to employment, compensation, training and development and labor and employee relations.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development.
- Complete the performance and development review process for each subordinate on an annual basis.
- Stay up-to-date on legislation changes that affect regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain employee relations.
- Ensure the performance management and development process is fair and adequate.
- Forecast, prepare and adhere to the annual budget for human resources.
- Identify staff vacancy and manpower needs; recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters.
- Perform duties such as dealing with understaffing, mediating and reconciling employee conflict, terminations, and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Evaluate employee satisfaction survey results and determine causes of personnel issues.
- Develop, implement, and participate in employee recognition programs.
- Lead improvement, implementation, and communication for all human resource programs, procedures, and policies.
- Lead the design of a training and development program and systems.
- Perform job analysis, write and maintain up-to-date job descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ experience as a human resources manager.
- Strong understanding of human resources processes.
- Strong leadership and supervision skills.