- Provide the leadership, direction, and management for all aspects of the plant's operation
- Responsible for the safe operation of the plant and compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for meeting site and business Key Performance Indicators.
- At a minimum direct reports should include production manager, safety officer and quality manager.
- Develop, institute and carry through an ever-improving EHS Program to achieve the ultimate goal of no safety or environmental incidents while complying with PSM requirements (where applicable).
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and company specific EHS expectations
- Lead adherence to the Quality Management System and improvement in the Quality Index
- In coordination with R&D, support new product introduction stagegate process and continuously improve existing products.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures to continuously improve the quality and productivity of the plant while meeting trade working capital targets.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Marketing and Sales to achieve the best On- Time Delivery results while meeting the financial and inventory goals of the plant
- Achieve the Manufacturing Expense Budget while optimizing operations to attain Cost Saving Measures within the plant expenses
- Plant Manager will assist in the creation of the organization’s vision and growth strategies and execute the business and operations plans at the plant to achieve revenue, profit, and performance targets. This includes the management and execution of a capital plan.
- Develops long term and short term capital plans and update on a regular basis.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement where all associates are involved in the improvement process and there is constant interaction with plant leadership and associates on the floor.
- Communicates plant needs, road blocks, successes to plant, business team and executive team.
- Prioritize plant issues and activities.
- Drive culture of root cause analysis
Context and environment
- A fast paced, high pressure environment where you are involved in a wide variety of functions and activities.
- You will participate in activities within the plant and also outside the plant.
- Travel could be monthly depending on the requirements at the time. Less than 20%.
- Heavy use of computer software, both PC based and enterprise system, combined with frequent interpersonal communication.
- Expectation is that a good portion or your time will be spent on the floor. Desired +25%, but based on site.
- Leadership of plant activities to meet plant and business objectives.
- Accountable for all aspects of plant performance.
Qualifications / experience required
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in Supervision and Management of Manufacturing Operations and/or Engineering 5-10 years
- Experience in Project Management, Process Engineering and Regulatory for a total of at least 3-5 years
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in a PSM facility is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a team environment
- Adaptable to change and can lead change
- Experience with Lean/6 Sigma Manufacturing
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills