Position: AgriTech - Business Development Manager
Location: Stockton, California
International Precision Agriculture company currently has a global presence in 12 countries. They are establishing their U.S. operation in California.
Company utilizes Satellite and Drone to capture infield scouting data. The imaging and data analysis the company has developed allows for the diagnose the specific problems down to the individual tree level.
Looking for individuals who have sold into the agriculture market and have had hands on experience with other similar solutions (AgriTech / IoT)
The applicant should be experienced in lead generation and customer management. They MUST have confidence and credibility with both agriculture dealers and growers.
- Lead generation to identify the company’s targeted customers / partners (i.e. Farmers, Farming Groups and Farm Consultants)
- Follow up and convert leads into customers
- Cold call and demonstrate ability to generate new leads by contacting farmers, agricultural consultants and drone service providers
- Schedule on-site meetings with farmers to demo the company’s products
- Identify and attend agriculture events in your region
- Expand our partner base by signing up new / exclusive service providers
- Assist service provider partners in their sales process by both offering support to the partners and taking part in select joint sales activities
- Provide after sales first line support
- Participate in the build out and establishment of the company’s presence in California, including physical office and sales & support
- Degree in agriculture, business management or related sales field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a sales role in the agriculture industry
- Knowledge / Experience in the precision agriculture field.
- Familiarity with territory and the crops that are grown there (especially - Tree crops)
- Self-motivated, team player with a passion to lead and make a difference in the high-value crop industry
- Experience working with a CRM system such as Salesforce
If you have an agriculture background but this position is not a perfect fit for you experience, submit a resume with information on the type of position (and geographically where) that you are interested in.