Leading Boston-based construction management firm,is seeking a Project Manager with Healthcare project experience to join their team. This person must also have experience with the construction management process and the ability to provide construction leadership to the project team.
- To provide leadership to the Project Team
employees (accounting, administrative) for the management and successful completion
of each project.
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with all Project Team members including Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Owners and Owner Representatives
- Prepare, maintain, manage and update project schedules so that completion dates are achieved or improved upon. Information regarding the project schedule should be obtained from the Project Superintendent by the Project Manager for updating on a regular basis.
- Initiate and orchestrate Project Kick-Off Meetings prior to the project’s start date
- Direct weekly Owner Project Job Meetings, record and distribute Job Meeting Minutes with all attachments including Two Week Look Ahead Schedule, submittal Log,Change Order Log, Requisition & RFI Logs, etc.
- Direct weekly Subcontractor Project Job Meetings, record and distribute Job Meeting Minutes with all attachments
- Buyout subcontractors and required material vendors in a timely manner so as to meet the project’s schedule and completion.
- Develop and maintain an accurate buyout schedule.
- Manage and track costs-to-date on a weekly basis, insuring a clear understanding of where the projects stand financially, so that the projects can be managed, billed and staffed properly.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all financial aspects of the project.
- Initiate Budget Set-Up forms for the Accounting Department and prepare monthly Budget Updates and Cost to Complete Reports.
- Obtain, review and process all submittals and shop drawings.
- Prepare and maintain the submittal Schedule/Log.
- Prepare and review the Scope of Work sheets
Standard Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, or related field
- 5-15 years of experience in the A/E/C industry
- Healthcare project experience strongly preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and visual communications skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.