Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking applicants for a Senior Electrical Engineer for our clients Boston office. The candidate would be strongly motivated, well organized, and show professional initiative. The applicant should be able to take ownership of assignments and perform well both independently and as part of the project team.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education, or Laboratory projects;
- Proficient in AutoCAD MEP and Revit;
- Prepare one-line diagrams with limited input from Engineers;
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals with limited input;
- Solve installation problems with electrical systems, travel to the site to resolve issues;
- Review calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules;
- Have a thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes;
- Understand and apply concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, harmonics, etc.;
- Edit electrical specifications;
- Layout fire alarm devices on floor plans;
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application;
- Coordinate with other disciplines;
- Apply the risk management procedures daily to minimize our and client’s exposure to problems;
- Understand the work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan;
- Oversee deliverables to and from clients;
- Oversee and encourage coordination between disciplines;
- Provide discipline specific manpower planning for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
- 5 years of experience;
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or Professional Engineering license preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K