Commensurate with experience.
Employees at this company enjoy working at a world class company with household name recognition in their market with great benefits and a work environment that values high ethical standards and respect. Reporting to the Controls Engineering Manager of a privately held specialty chemical manufacturing company the Manufacturing Execution Systems Engineer will have strong experience working at the Manufacturing Operations & Control level (Level 3) with experience dispatching production, detailed production scheduling, and reliability assurance. This role will also have a working knowledge of levels 0, 1, and 2 (i.e., Batch Control, Continuous Controls, and Discrete Control), and will identify and define functional gaps in integrated systems and define solutions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide manufacturing execution systems, automation and technical support to ensure stable, efficient and robust operations at the site.
- Troubleshoots system failures / lack of performance and defines approach for resolving problems / performance issues:
- Develop methodology to identify failure modes and define solutions
- Ability to develop / acquire and utilize troubleshooting tools
- Manages and coordinates implementation of system remedies / upgrades with other technical disciplines and operational groups
- Documents projects, systems changes and/or process modifications, and assures documentation required by cGMP/FDA compliance is maintained in master validation files.
- In the event of an outage or an anomaly the system owner will work with the required resources to make any corrective actions necessary.
- Manages optimization and new system projects to completion including the coordination of multiple technical disciplines.
- Practices project management skills during all phases of a project from conception to completion.
- Works with outside contractors to install systems and processes that meet or support Supply Chain initiatives.
- Engages with systems vendors on an ongoing basis to plan system updates, and participates in user forums and training when applicable.
- Provides technical advice, training and mentoring for peers, subordinates, and superiors .
- Works with the IT App Analyst and Process Owners to fulfill change request, and scheduling of system maintenance.
- Transfers new technology through the development and use of training materials, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Participates in design and implementation teams to ensure the technical requirements of the system are met.
- Leads the user acceptance testing, and authors and executes required validation protocols
- BS in Electrical Engineering is preferred. BS in Electrical EngineeringTechnology or other Engineering disciplines with significant PLC programming experience will be considered.
- Experience working at the Manufacturing Operations & Control level (Level 3) with experience dispatching production, detailed production scheduling, and reliability assurance.
- Experience developing with PAS-X, or another MES programming software.
- Working knowledge of levels 0, 1, and 2 (i.e., Batch Control, Continuous Controls, and Discrete Control)
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PLC's.
- Database knowledge regarding SQL and Oracle, ability to understand table structures and how back end data structures intertwine with front end GUIs for systems.
- Understanding of ERP Systems and their integration into Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 system(s).
- Ability to encapsulate knowledge of systems to understand effects of system downtime/maintenance due to proposed change.
- Understanding of Industrial Controls and Automation Engineering in a FDA & EPA regulated environment(s).
- Experience in a chemical batch manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Historian and/or Wonderware.
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Chemical Batch Manufacturing, FDA, Rockwell Automation, ControlLogix, cGMP/FDA, SQL, Oracle, Supply Chain Systems, ERP Systems, Process Control, Process Control, Process Automation, DCS, Distributed Control Systems, Food, Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, cGMP, server, recipe management, Historian, Wonderware, Level 3
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.