Manufacturing Engineer (Injection Molding)
The Manufacturing Engineer (Injection Molding) position is responsible for design and development of manual to highly automated assembly and test equipment in a predominately automotive emissions control component manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Provide molding manufacturing expertise to all of the division’s business units and the molding department.
- Help develop, support and improve PFMEA, Control Plans, MWI’s, and Process Set up sheets.
- Generate and track Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) to ensure the successful operations of the molding department.
- Help track and respond to all department metrics & deviations for continuous improvement.
- Lead and/or assist as needed problem solving and continuous improvement efforts in relation to molded product, process and equipment.
- Design, build and assist as needed chutes, drops, or escapements to capture parts from molding machines, prevent dropped parts, and package as required for shipment to customers, internal and external.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in direct injection molding.
- Familiar with horizontal injection press up to 250-ton, vertical clamp injection presses up to 110-ton, robotic part and component loading/unloading, automate part handling, vision systems, etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge of injection molding processes.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Initiatives