We are looking for a Product Engineer to be responsible for technical leadership and technical support on a product basis, with an emphasis on acoustic performance. The engineer is tasked to identify product application issues derived from technical specifications, customer requirements, drawings and from general application knowledge and to engineer potential solutions, incorporating products, to be communicated through detailed technical proposals and presentations. The engineer will lead regional product engineering activity and ensure proper design for function methods are employed to meet customer performance requirements while interfacing with other engineering teams on feasibility and industrialization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain technical expertise on materials and associated products, and related applications to provide product recommendations. Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Company products and their applications, manufacturing processes and applicable safety & health concerns. In addition, maintain working knowledge of competitive product information
- Provide technical support to the applications and sales groups to for technical-commercial activities required to maintain and grow business on assigned accounts, including development/validation of proposed solutions, assistance at customer presentations, participation in technical reviews, interpretation/co-development of customer Statement of Requirements, submission of detailed technical proposals and reports, and other activities required by the sales and engineering staff.
- Work with customer advanced engineering to understand product gaps, market trends, etc. and liaise with R&D to define long term new product development projects.
- Work with customer VA/VE engineers to optimize current products and explore opportunities to take over or consolidate competitive products.
- Work with corporate resources to identify utilization of existing material solutions as needed, and identify new material development needs.
- Develop component (product) test specifications and procedures to be utilized in the development and testing of the acoustic performance of products.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Confidentiality and privileged information must be maintained.
- Travel as necessary to customer locations, manufacturing plants, out-of-office meetings, trade shows or seminars.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology , and minimum of 5 years of automotive engineering experience demonstrating technical problem resolution involving thermal and acoustic physics
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards and practices for testing and measurement as applied for the quantification of thermal and acoustic attributes
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills necessary for internal as well as external customer contact.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Well organized with good time management skills and ability to work independently. Demonstrated software skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
.Education, Experience, and/or Skills Preferred:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, with concentration in acoustics and vibration
- Thorough knowledge of the set-up and utilization of commercially available hardware/software specific to acoustic and vibration performance (e.g Head Acoustics Artemis Suite)
- Knowledge/experience in metal stamping products/processes.
- Knowledge/experience in molded fiber products/processes.
- CAD/CAE design/analysis capability.