Summary of the Position: Provides administrative support to the Department with an emphasis on assisting with both internal and external company sponsored events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains community relations, charitable and government affairs document charts & databases.
- Assists with the collection of outcomes on community relations associated activities to determine the community impact including ensuring the appropriate use of our name/logos.
- Assists in communicating Company community relations activities both internally and externally including but not limited to sharing events and pictures to engage employees in events in the community.
- Provides administrative support related to the coordination of events. Activities include but are not limited to assists Community Relations Specialist with planning and organizing all event details such as location, needs, catering, entertainment, transportation, vendors, invite lists, special guest and equipment.
- Helps research most cost-effective prices for vendors when planning events while maintaining quality standards.
- Proposes ideas to improve event quality.
- Provides general administrative support to the Department including but not limited to typing correspondence, memos/reports, taking notes/minutes at applicable meetings, set up and maintain electronic and paper filing system to minimize time to identify, locate, and obtain relevant information, sort and distribute mail, coordinate travel arrangements and preparing check requests and expense reports.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings.
- Schedules facility reservations (both internal and/or external) including but not limited to conference rooms, telephone lines and Envoy System including meals as necessary.
- Assists with obtaining promotional items, gifts and/or raffle/prize items for visitors and charitable organizations as requested. Enters data into the charitable chart to include values of items, list of what will be provided, dates and person/organization receiving items.
- Communicates effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Performs other assigned duties as may be required in meeting Company objectives.
- Assists with Bible Study weekly at SC3 as requested.
Minimum Requirements: A minimum of 2 years as administrative assistant experience including at least 1 years of community relations or event planning experience. Will consider less experience if applicant has obtained a Bachelor's degree.
Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Problem and issue solving skills, ability to multi-task and STRONG attention to organization and detail required. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, establish priorities and meet required deadlines and demands. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy a MUST. Strong ability to work well in a team environment. Must possess excellent organizational skills, exhibit professional, clear and concise oral and written communication and a positive attitude.
Education and Experience: High school diploma, some college preferred. Bachelor's degree can be substituted for experience requirement.