The Materials Supervisor directs and coordinates activities of purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in the organization.
- Provides good customer service to all customers, both internal and external
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of storeroom and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Bachelor Degree
- Three or more years of Materials Supervision Experience.
- Automotive Manufacturing Experience.