We are seeking a Behavioral Health Medical Director to provide leadership and psychiatric oversight of the regional mental health department with a primary focus on clinical patient-centered care.
- Coordinates care and treatment of patients with acute and chronic conditions.
- Authorizes, monitors, and directs inpatient psychiatric utilization.
- Evaluates care provided in each specialty area for appropriateness.
- Monitors supplies and clinic environment for compliance with regulatory standards.
- Collaborates on the monitoring of education programs.
- Researches and develops new and innovative approaches for care and treatment of chronic conditions.
- Participates in the management of all Mental Health programs. Identifies barriers affecting the delivery of care and provides solutions.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Requires an MD/DO
Active Board Certification by ABPN
Completion of a residency program in psychiatry
5 years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist and 1 year of administrative experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Requires current unrestricted CA medical licensure