Des Moines, IA
$135-155K + bonus
Our food manufacturing client is looking to add a Plant Manager to their Des Moines, IA facility. This Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant while adhering to safe work rules along with reinforcing safety as a core value related to food safety and quality.
- Carry out a safety and healthy work environment following quality work practices.
- Follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Communicate to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and regulatory regulations.
- Administer coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Promote and enforce financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
- Implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant KPI’s.
- Expand production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering or Management required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Supervisory/Management experience.
- Food manufacturing experience required.
- USDA experience is a plus.
- Greenfield site experience a plus.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management and a track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Skilled to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Accomplished time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, and listening, decision-making and organizational skills required.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal time
Plant Manager, Operations Manager, KPI, Food Science, Engineering, Plant Engineer, Management, decision making, USDA, food manufacturing, Production Manager, USDA, Greenfield