Our automotive client is looking to add a Program Manager to their team in the Florence, AL area. They are a growing company with a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- The Program Manager displays the lead role — the focal point — for product development and launch for both the customer and company.
- Leads Core Team activities, including: preparing new program launch; establishing project schedules with key milestones; construing each functional area’s deliverables; communicating plans, schedules, and changes; and achieving consensus from the team.
- Understands all customer requirements for the project, communicates them to the team, and ensures that the team meets or exceeds them.
- Establish adherence to project plan and schedule by conducting core team meetings, generating follow-up documents, managing open issues, facilitating team member’s jobs, and soliciting management support in overcoming problems.
- Allocates, tracks, and, administers all project costs in real time, securing that all chargeable costs are assigned to the customer, and obtaining management approval for all cost overruns.
- Empowers and controls changes in the program affecting the agreed to targets and/or objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline required. Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred.
- 6+ years of background in program management, design, product development, sales, quality, engineering, and/or manufacturing within the automotive industry.
- Capability to check several program schedules and stabilize multiple priorities.
- Computer skills using standard business software (including MS Office programs).
- Competitive salaries
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid short and long-term leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health plans
- Dental and vision coverage
Program Manager, design, product development, sales, quality, engineering, automotive