In this role, the incumbent will:
• Assist in responding to production issues when required.
• Ability to flex hours and shifts based on production requirements.
• Complete assignments in a timely manner and clearly communicate work progress to team
members and management.
• Ability to learn internal systems to help optimize designs to improve manufacturability and
cost of manufacturability.
• Able to trouble shoot and communicate quality (internal and supplier) problems.
• Interface with manufacturing to optimize cost & manufacturability.
• Act as liaison between manufacturing facilities and customer.
• Assist customer and manufacturers with quality issues.
• Interface with customer for product and manufacturing process improvements.
• Understand and communicate development schedules to stakeholders. As needed, take necessary
action to mitigate risks to product launch.
• Able to troubleshoot quality related problems without engineering direction.
• Coordinate with team to develop and implement sampling and inspection practices/ techniques for
product manufacturing, procurement and receiving to achieve desired quality standards.
• Coordinates quality assurance activities with production and other functions to support production
• Conducts and manages Product/Process/Compliance Audits.
• Develops or improves inspection methods to reduce measurement variation or to increase
• Instructs and assists team members as to the interpretation of blueprints, job procedures,
specifications, workmanship, safety, housekeeping and 6S requirements.
• Participates in disposition of nonconforming product.
• Participates in process improvement efforts such as 6’S, effective corrective actions for repetitive
quality issues, PQI initiatives, line damage audits, scrap reduction teams, defects per unit (DPU)
reduction, Kaizen events, and outsourcing opportunities.
• Coordinates corrective action activity and validates effectiveness.
• Assists with developing and conducting quality training programs, prepares and maintains
necessary records and reports.
• Completes and analyzes data and identifies trends and facilitates improvement actions. Interacts
with team members to implement solutions.
• Creates and maintains metrics for quality reporting.
• All other assigned duties.
• BS degree required, Engineering (or Quality) preferred; or equivalent combination of experience and
• 3 to 5 years manufacturing quality experience; preferably in a team environment; in assembly/manufacturing
in the automotive or heavy truck industry.
• Possess exceptional problem solving skills with the ability to function equally well as a team leader or
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) and metrology.
• Excellent and proven working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, CP/CPK, PPM, First
Pass Yield, CMM and other measuring systems.
• CQE a plus.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Detail-orientated, organized and able to work in a logical, efficient manner.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office and Windows (especially Excel, Visual Basic and PowerPoint).
• Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and deal with the ambiguous, evolving requirements
typically found in new product development.
• Excellent technical, verbal, and written skills.
• Ability to travel as required