New Berlin, WI
As the Maintenance Technician you are responsible for performing duties to repair and maintain machinery, equipment, building and facilities requiring a broad knowledge of basic maintenance skills including mechanical repair, plumbing, welding, carpentry, fabrication and knowledge of electrical repair. Ideally you would also have experience with drives and controls, specifically Siemens controls.
Position Summary and Duties:
- As the Maintenance Technician, you will install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in the facility.
- You will routinely troubleshoot machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- On occasion, you will be asked to rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- You will also perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting and aligning operations.
- As the Maintenance Technician you will routinely perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and the grounds. As well as perform preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- You will be expected to maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Since Safety is a HUGE Priority here, you will perform routine housekeeping activities in the department and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
To perform this job successfully, the position requires a broad knowledge of mechanical repair and maintenance as may be acquired in a formalized training program or equivalent experience. You should be extremely comfortable reading and interpreting documents such as blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. You will also have two plus years of extensive experience in a variety of maintenance trades.