- Ability to meet with architects and other team members to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical elements, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrical components for re-use and retrofit.
- Work with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design and production drawings.
- Ability to prepare contract documents using latest version of AutoCad and/or Revit software to design and provide concepts for schematic design packages.
- Ability to develop technical construction specifications to appropriately support project design and drawings.
- Prepare design development and construction documents, including coordination with engineering team.
- Ability to oversee, and mentor, less experienced engineering and architectural team.
- Assist in electrical construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Strong written and communication skills are a must with the ability to multi-task – working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
Louisville based client is currently seeking a candidate having a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, with consulting experience, electrical systems design for buildings,. P.E. registration, with the ability to be registered in multiple states is required. Candidate will have solid background in electrical systems designand a minimum of 5 years experience in commercial and residential building design. Knowledge of the National Electric Code, NFPA and IBC codes, in addition to experience with analysis and layout of electrical power, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems is required.
The position requires performance of all aspects of electrical engineering as it relates to individually assigned projects.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of experience designing electrical power, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems
- US Citizenship or Green Card required