* POSITION: Primary Care Practice in Syracuse, NY is looking for LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse.
* PAY SCALE range based on experience.
* Temporary to Permanent/Retained Employee, Part-time
* WORK SCHEDULE is Wednesday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. Approximately a 24 hour work week.
* LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE required is possession of a New York State license as a LPN. CPR. NEW GRADS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY.
* JOB DESCRIPTION:
Have a working knowledge of MEDICAL TERMS AND HOW THEY RELATE TO THE ANATOMY OF THE BODY.
PREPARE PATIENTS emotionally and physically for EXAMINATION.
Be able to PREPARE A PATIENT'S CHART and have a working knowledge of the LEGAL DO'S AND DONT'S IN CHARTING PATIENT INFORMATION.
Interview patient and record information in the patient's chart.
Have a working knowledge of phone TRIAGE.
Perform ASEPSIS PROCEDURES IN APPLYING BANDAGE AND TAPE TO MINOR WOUNDS.
Measure VITAL SIGNS such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the results.
PREPARE treatment rooms for EXAMINATION of patient.
Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
ADMINISTER AN EKG (Electrocardiogram) ON A PATIENT. THIS INCLUDES PREPARING THE PATIENT AND USE OF THE EKG MACHINE.
PROFICIENT at ADMINISTER shots.
Have a working knowledge of OSHA RULES AND REGULATIONS concerning Universal Precautions. Be able to perform PROPER PROCEDURES TO PROTECT AGAINST TRANSMITTING OR CONTRACTING DISEASES.
Be aware of Patient's Rights, HIPAA , HAZCOM procedures, and National Patient Safety goals (JCAHO).
Be able to perform routine laboratory tests.
Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments.
Utilize experience and ability to administer injections & vaccines
Perform throat cultures
proper documentation in patients charts
Perform telephone triage