A Health Care Practice is seeking to add a Medical REFERRAL/AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST to our office staff.
* COMPENSATION NEGOTIABLE.
* STARTING DATE DESIRED (Approximate) : ASAP
* WORK SCHEDULE (Approximate) is Monday through Friday DAYS, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm or 8:30-5pm.
* ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS and COMPUTER literate knowledge is a plus.
* EXPERIENCE required is one (1) year minimum work experience obtaining surgery authorizations in a medical/surgical office setting.
* JOB DESCRIPTION: Primarily obtaining authorizations for surgery (in/out patient), DME, daily referrals as well as MRI/CT's and other misc procedures. Must be a team player and work independently.
* BENEFITS: Blue Cross & Blue Shield Excellus health care insurance is provided at employee’s expense when hired on a temporary basis. Pay periods are WEEKLY as well as direct deposit at no expense to employee and a Simple IRA plan (100% vested from day one at a 3% Employer match). Upon permanent hire basis (retained employee), there are three health care plans to choose from as well as dental and vision plans. Vacation, personal and sick time accrual begins immediately on a biweekly basis. Retirement plan provided with employer contribution.
* LOCATED in Central New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), low crime and great schools, colleges and universities and a local international airport.