Growing and recently moved into a new larger facility in the eastern metro! They are looking for a control systems engineer to provide technical leadership on projects and ensure successful implementation of required project scope and customer satisfaction. Participate as a key team member in research and development. Participate as a key team member for customer technical support and sales. Provide technical input and support for product development to promote profitability, production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effectiveness.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- 2+ years of proven experience creating electrical drawings, panel layouts, and P&I diagrams (AutoCAD Electrical or Eplan).
- Proven experience in PLC ladder logic programming with Rockwell (Studio5000), Siemens (TIA), and GE (Proficy) PLCs.
- Proven experience of the current and legacy fieldbus technologies (Ethernet I/P, Profinet, ControlNet, Profibus).
- Proven experience with operator interface technologies (Rockwell FactoryTalk View ME).
- Knowledge of Ethernet network administration desired.
- Knowledge of PC programming and configuration desired (C#).
- Knowledge of Server and Database programming and configuration desired (SQL Server).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering is desired.
- Typical office environment at facility (flex hours).
- Participation in 24/7 Support Team coverage (on rotational basis), requires night and weekend availability to respond to support calls.
- On-site trips to customer’s manufacturing facilities and exposure to typical rubber compounding facility environment (25% - 35% travel).
- Develop, coordinate, and implement PLC based controls systems and PC based SCADA projects.
- Provide technical assistance on projects to ensure successful implementation of project scope.
- Participate in new product development to promote profitability, production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop controls systems designs (P&ID), hardware specifications, programming, simulation, on-site start-up, and training.
- Provide electrical panel design and layout, bill of materials, and electrical schematic drawings.
- Generate detailed project documentation.
- Provide PLC programming and memory register layout.
- Provide operator interface programming and memory register layout.
- Provide operator controls (switches, lights) design and integration.
- General understanding of PC programming and configuration.
- General understanding of Server and Database programming and configuration.
- Assure the company and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Develop and maintain customer contact for maintenance and support services.
- Identify and help resolve customer technical and product development concerns.
- On-site commissioning and training.
- Participate in 24/7 Support Team coverage.