This Finance Business Analyst role will be within a successful 50 year old company that offers strong opportunities for career advancement, a friendly work environment, and wonderful benefits! The Finance Analyst participates in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for designated divisions or business units as well as their related 5 year business plans. Tracks performance against budget, identifies gaps versus actual results, and develops recommendations to improve financial results. Supports research and financial and business related analyses to assess the impact of various projects, systems and transactions. Participates in the analysis of performance, identification of problems, and driving process improvements.
The organization is not looking for a 15 - 20 year professional… but someone at an earlier stage in his or her career, that is promotable. Must have experience with FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis). NOT looking for an Accountant for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in Finance reflecting increasing levels of responsibility (experience should be in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) vs. Accountant experience... looking for a true Analyst, not an Accountant).
• CPA or MBA highly desired.
• 2 years of experience in Finance within a complex manufacturing environment or logistics operation.
• Computer skill requirements include: intermediate MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Excel, and databases.
• Excellent communication skills and experienced in making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
• Skilled in multi-tasking and maintaining productivity while moving between concurrent projects.
• Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY OF CALIFORNIA UP TO THE SACRAMENTO CORRIDOR AREA. EMPLOYER IS NOT CONSIDERING CANDIDATES IN THE BAY AREA, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, OR OUTSIDE THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AT THIS TIME).
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
• Participates in the annual operating and capital budget as well as the 5 year business plan, coordinating with operations management to quantify the impact of operational initiatives and changes versus prior years.
• Evaluates monthly performance against the budget, identifies explanations for variances, looking for opportunities for improvement.
• Provides early diagnostic data to assist management in the development of action plans to improve financials when needed.
• Participates in the development and execution of strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Supports analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investment.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Supports the development of department procedures and performance measures.
• Maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS
LOCAL CANDIDATES (CENTRAL VALLEY OF CALIFORNIA) ARE PREFERRED
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FINANCE ANALYST, NOT AN ACCOUNTANT.