Sr. Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Hartford CT
Seeking Senior Telecommunications Engineer to plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments (design & implementation) in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication construction projects for a large investor-owned utility.
- Working on and leading projects to construct and maintain the telecommunication assets including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless services, fiber optics, various multiplexers, ground potential rise, paging systems and subsystems.
- Configuring and specifying associated telecom equipment and interfacing with IP networks.
- Play integral role in planning and installation of backhaul infrastructure
- Understanding and complying with regulatory bodies such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering,Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Master's degree and/or Professional Engineer (PE) license is desired.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Experience with Predicted Coverage Model is a plus.
- Very high standards of professional and technical competence and a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering techniques
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to the engineering of telecommunication systems.
Salary: $DOE. Comprehensive benefits within a top-level organization.