This full time, permanent PLC Engineer / Electrical Engineer career opportunity is at a company that services converting machines, web handling machines, coating machines, and multiple process industries. For the next three years, the sales growth rate is 20% to 30%. The average tenure is over 20 years. The environment is collaborative, team-oriented and fun. They have many employee-oriented events. Employees have the ability to have flexible hours. Some start at 6 am and some start at 8:30 am. They also have a 9/80 schedule so those people have off every other Friday. In the next five years, there will be several retirements which will create promotional opportunities. In fact, this position is a result of a retirement. The company promotes from within and the career path depends on the individual. The career path for this position could be a Project Engineer or Project Manager, if those are of interest.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing electrical machine hardware products utilizing design methodologies, equipment specs and project management
- Creating controls software in Allen-Bradley, RSLogix and HMI
- Creating microprocessor-based control systems
- Writing machine operator interface software
- Incorporating electrical instrumentation in machine design
- Meeting product performance, timeline and cost requirements
- Working with variable speed and servo drive systems
- Start-up and troubleshoot products at the customer location
- Overseeing project scheduling, budgets and costs
- 15% to 20% domestic travel (up to 2 weeks at a time)
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering. Candidates must have four or more years of Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering experience. It would be preferred if candidates have experience with Allen-Bradley software, RS Logix software, HMI software and/or the paper industry.