We are seeking a highly collaborative, and proactive Senior Customs & Trade Compliance Lead to ensure our adherence to U.S. import and export compliance regulations and requirements through your fervor for reporting, extraordinary communication skills and incredible ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Lead the US operations team for import and export compliance matters
- Provide global support for trade compliance matters based on local and international regulations
- Support the management of trade activities globally
- Partner with key departments on strategic planning to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness in areas that involve import and export compliance
- Oversees the US and Canada import and export operations including Customs broker and freight forwarders to ensure accurately timely clearances.
- Manage and conduct quarterly reviews, compliance audits, review corrective actions, evaluating broker compliance and broker metrics.
- Responsible for proper classification of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Export Control Classification Number.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to ensure compliance for all import and export transactions, as required.
- Create, implement and maintain work instructions, policies and trade compliance manuals.
- Participate in the development, deployment and facilitation of training that comply with regulatory compliance
- Monitor regulatory changes, communicate as applicable to ensure understanding and implement globally
- Ensure that the SAP/GTS system supports “self-checking” adherence to import and export regulations including management of content provider subscriptions for classification, Sanction Party List (SPL) and NAFTA rules of origin, including transactional support.
- Participate in cross-functional projects relating to trade compliance.
- Identify and report to Bose Corporation management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to outside functional groups for export and import compliance issues.
- Correspond with the Global Supply Management department and outside vendors and service providers to obtain and/or provide documentation and information required for trade compliance purposes.
- Prepare periodic updates and metrics reports for export and import operations for trade compliance management.
- Identifies key opportunities for continuous process improvements, identify root cause, implement solutions to eliminate identified deficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, abilities and experience:
- 5-7+ years of direct experience in trade compliance within a global company
- Working knowledge of import/export regulations, import/export documentation and recordkeeping.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems, such as SAP and Global Trade Services Module (GTS)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with ability to implement and conduct training.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, problem solving, and time management skills to meet or exceed deadlines, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the corporation, including outside counsel
- Strong attention to detail and proficient recordkeeping and database maintenance skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain, trade compliance or a related field
- Master’s Degree a plus
- License Custom’s House broker a plus
The ideal candidate is a Licensed Customs Broker who has been in a senior specialist role and looking to make the move to a front-line manager, or a manager looking to run a small operations team in Framingham. The candidate must have experience with importing and exporting of goods and managing the trade compliance function for north america. The person will be groomed to be the manager in time.