Love your job!
Our client is a major chemical manufacturing company located in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge).
Exceptional compensation, benefits, career advancement, and relocation assistance are all available.
Due to the continual growth of their business, there is an immediate need to attract a talented Process & Project Engineer who will
- execute projects ($50k to $5M) within budget and schedule
- lead process engineering related to capital projects and continuous plant improvements
- manage projects including development of specifications, bid packages, review of drawings, oversight of contractors, budgeting, and scheduling.
- develop individual project requirements (Scope of Work) based on input for local and corporate requirements, potential cost savings, increased uptime, etc.
- develop material and energy balances, size and specification of equipment, piping, and valves as related to existing processes and new projects.
- take leadership of commissioning activities related to new installations, including Management of Change and Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews
- more fun and impactful things!
Desired experience (not required, but really helpful)
- Engineering of processes handling a variety of liquids and solids.
- Management of multiple projects.
- Use of relevant codes and standards (RAGAGEPs).
- Engineering of processes handling flammable and combustible liquids
- Engineering of process utilities
- Knowledge of PSM, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- Interaction with maintenance personnel
- Construction oversight and confirmation
- Plant commissioning
- Knowledge of instrumentation
- Yokogawa VP or other control system troubleshooting, and programming
- SAP – Project Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-10 years of relevant project experience in the chemical process industry.
- Comfortable with occasional foreign travel