Tired of working in cube-ville stuck on bridge calls, and never seeing the fruit of your labor? Want to Work for a growing company where you can make a significant difference AND be greatly appreciated and valued? And have fun along the way?
Our client is a Managed Services Provider targeting small to medium business to provide outsourced systems and network support. Help desk, break / fix, system monitoring and management, upgrades, etc. Essentially, they serve as the IT organization for companies that don't have an IT organization. Continued growth and success has prompted them to look for a full-time Systems Engineer to join our the team of high-performance professionals to support new and existing business.
This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- Implements and supports Local / Wide Area Networks, Storage and other IT solutions for customers.
- Exhibits a high level of technical knowledge that is able to apply that to customers technical issues and problems.
- Possesses a basic business acumen to understand the clients business and align IT with their business goals.
- Assists other technical team members in resolving issues or developing technical solutions for companys customers
- Effectively researches and designs technical solutions for customer opportunities.
- Maintains our positive reputation with existing customers through exceptional service delivery
- Provides onsite and remote desktop support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs while recognizing they are looking for solutions, not technical explanations.
What's it take? Successful people here -
- Get customer experience. They develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance the firm's positive reputation.
- Have a commitment to ongoing professional development - which the company supports through training. But, you gotta want it; you aren't going to be force fed.
- Solid ethics and values; work with integrity and respect for others. Uphold organizational values.
- Effective communications. Share thoughts and ideas clearly in both written and verbal forms. Keep others informed. Listen, learn, and understand with clients.
- Teamwork - Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others' views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
- Resolve team conflict before it escalates; Place the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipate problems; Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Communicate with customers as promised.
From a technology perspective, this is a Microsoft focused organization, and folks that work here are knowledgeable or aware of a broad set of Microsoft technologies. If you are a Systems Engineer, you probably know a combination of Microsoft and network technologies already. Windows desktop, servers, virtualization (HyperV / VMWare), SQL Server, Exchange, and other core Microsoft products. Foundation of networks, internet connection issues, as well as technologies and their cascading effects on all parts of networks. Advanced desktop and router VPN design, configuration, and connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, SonicWall, OpenVPN, IPSEC), etc.
The specific technologies are less important as long as you have the foundation and desire to learn.
Why this job?
Our client offers a strong team environment, with strong ethics and organizational values. This is a firm where there is a strong bond with the team members, and everyone collaborates to service client needs. It's a growing firm that supports professional development, and where you can grow your career.
Sound like something of interest? Let's talk. Send us your resume and we'll get on the phone.