Seeking a strong sales professional for our Southeast United States client. This position covers four states. Location of Territories: KY, TN, NC, SC. This person will work from a home office and can reside in any of these four states. This position will be selling to insurance carriers, third party administrator's and employers.
This job is responsible for coordinating customer requests for IME (independent medical exam) and Peer Review services by working as an intermediary between the injured/ill claimant, carriers, attorneys, and physicians, to ensure a timely, accurate, quality, and completed independent medical review report. Individuals in this position will schedule, input data into the computer system, assign new cases to medical professionals and generate correspondence necessary to ensure claimant attendance at the appointments.
· Obtaining information on new referrals from fax, phone or delivered documents. Reviews and follows all special handling instructions for the accounts/clients
· Entering referral information into the database accurately and completely. Contacts referral source to obtain any missing or incomplete information
· Scheduling the appointment/review with the appropriate medical professional or researches out of territory physicians for use in the network of physicians
· Generating necessary notification letters to parties as specified by client
· Maintaining diary of relevant dates pertinent to the examination
· Aggressively following up to confirm appointments in order to reduce the likelihood of a no show.
· Preliminary record sorting to include: duplicate elimination, chronological ordering, tabbing of relevant diagnostic tests
· Maintaining telephone contact with parties as needed to inform and update
· Maintaining documentation of all correspondence and contact with carrier, claimant, physician, attorneys, etc. to ensure a comprehensive and detailed source of information regarding the case
· Maintaining diary to follow up on report status following completed IME appointment to ensure prompt delivery of the report to our client
· Maintaining appropriate customer service professionalism at all times. Capable of maintaining appropriate professional relationships among all parties involved
· Presenting oneself in a professional and courteous manner to customers, clients, fellow employees, claimants, vendors and attorneys
· Keeping updated on laws and regulations relating to all lines of insurance
· 4 year college degree
· Business or office technical courses preferred
· 2+ years IME processing experience, medical assistant or insurance claims experience required
· Working knowledge of MS Office programs and data entry skills
· Knowledge of medical and insurance claims terminology
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent customer service, as well as verbal and communication skills are essential