Buyer / Planner
- Consumer products manufacturer has a need for a Buyer / Planner due to a promotion
- Organization has been in business for 36 years and recently expanded their product line which has created an addition to the supply chain team
- This position is located in the Wheeling, IL corporate offices
- Past placements describe the organization as fast paced, an exciting, challenging organization that offers an excellent work-life balance and a great collaborative team environment
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available
- The department is expanding and they need a talented supply chain professional who is passionate, can be a leader and bring new ideas to a growing organization
- Purchase and forecast finished goods; responsible for managing 500+ SKU’s
- Monitor and analyze inventory levels for each product category and take appropriate action to maintain inventory levels within corporate guidelines, objectives and initiatives.
- Responsible for building comprehensive sourcing and purchasing strategies both domestically and overseas
- Review MRP messages and generate or revise purchase orders to meet customer and forecast demand and inventory plan.
- Forecast using historical data and interface with customers to ensure inventory demands are being met
- Maintain and update data in SAP and ensure the system is updated with current demand forecast.
- Tracks and analyzes forecast variance/bias and updates forecasts and or safety stock to improve forecast accuracy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, or business or related education is required
- 2+ years of forecasting, demand planning and or supply planning in a manufacturing setting / corporate office is required. Prefer experience and or understanding of purchasing
- Prefer understanding of shelf-life and expirations; ideally coming from a food, consumer products or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of vendor score-carding, negotiations, managing vendors and streamlining / improving supplier relationships is a plus
- Must be highly independent and results oriented, analytical, good at digging into the details and understands how to keep customers happy with on-time materials
- Ability to make effective and presentations as needed
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and strong project planning skills
- Advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with MRP/ERP and MS Office required. SAP is strongly preferred