We are currently seeking a Plant Cost Accounting Analyst in the Princeton, NJ area.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
A global manufacturer having multiple locations across North America as well as throughout the world. The Plant Cost Analyst will direct and manage all of the plant financial reporting and cost accounting activities.
This position has a strong focus in cost accounting, inventory control and production planning capacity. The candidate should have strong experience in manufacturing cost accounting, cost variance reporting, inventory control, scrap reduction efforts and in working with Plant Management in helping to make the facility cost efficient. This role is responsible for the plant financial analytics to include plant analytics, dashboards and plant KPIs and internal control procedures.
Looking for candidates in the 4+ years range of experience working with large multinational companies in a manufacturing plant setting with plant financial cost accounting analyst responsibilities.
This person will report to the Business Unit Controller.
- Control of the plant costs factors of labor, overhead and freight
- Control the plant waste of scrap, raw and finished goods inventory and control of material variances
- Performs product line profitability analysis and analyze the daily job variance with plant supervisors
- Tracks and monitors production capacity
- Prepares and reviews various daily operating metrics to monitor business performance
- Analyzes and reviews bills of material to ensure accurate product costing
- Prepares actual versus budget analysis, manufacturing profit variance analysis, and actual to standard cost comparisons
- Performs product line profitability analysis
- Organizes and leads the annual physical inventory and manages the cycle counting process as appropriate and monitor of inventory levels (raw material, WIP and finished goods)
- Prepares month end manufacturing variance reports with KPI's and Dashboards
- BS Degree in Accounting / Finance
- 4+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment providing Cost Accounting oversight and experience in a large manufacturing plant settings
- Strong experience with inventory control, plant reporting metrics, capacity planning and providing and preparing operations financial analysis tools
- Solid plant operations experience including key plant metrics drivers, cost containment, inventory and scrap control
- Demonstrated experience as a business partner and financial leader to Plant Managers / General Manager of Business Units
- Dynamic and outgoing personality
- Experience with larger ERP manufacturing fully integrated softwares; prefer Epicor and Hyperion
- Strong Excel skills
- A desire to progress and further advance in career with internal opportunities
- Excellent communications skills; verbally and in writing
Relocation assistance is available
Please submit your resume for the Plant Cost Accounting Analyst position.