- $100 million-dollar food manufacturer located in Chicago, IL is hiring a Plant Manager due to a promotion
- This organization rarely has an opening as the average tenure is 10+ years.
- They are a very fast paced operation with 15+ production / packaging lines
- If you are searching for an organization that cares about their employees, offers great benefits and provides a challenge within a stable organization that has been in business for 25 years, then send us your resume.
- Local candidates only
- Manage, direct and supervise the entire operation, including: production, packaging, maintenance, quality control, HR, accounting and shipping & receiving departments.
- Direct the work activities of 10 salaried and up to 800+ hourly associates during peak season (mostly temps)
- Drive attainment of business objectives and guide team members to deliver bottom-line business results in the areas of safety, people, quality, delivery and cost.
- Drive continuous improvement processes; identify improvement opportunities and apply appropriate tools to improve results and enhance the company's competitive position
- Develop the capabilities and competencies of associates through ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring; promote employee engagement, empowerment and teamwork.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations
- Develop and maintain the budget and labor schedules for the operation.
- Update senior plant management on business results, concerns, and needs on an ongoing basis.
- BS degree is required. Ideally in Operations Management, Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar
- 7-15 years of management experience in a contract packaging, food manufacturing, consumer products or similar manufacturing environment required.
- Cross-functional operations experience with a proven track record of delivering successful business results in the areas of safety, quality, and cost.
- Previous experience managing a large operation with P&L responsibility and management of associates (i.e., >500+) in a manufacturing environment.
- Ongoing passion to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead initiatives to deliver bottom-line results.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must possess strong training/facilitation skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced, team environment.
- Military veterans preferred