Lead Controls System Engineer
Job Summary of the Lead Controls System Engineer:
Senior level Control System Engineer with experience in software or electronic system development, CAN, CCP, XCP communication and diagnostics test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape/CANalyzer is needed to design and develop controls software for electrified drivetrain system for one of our clients in the Michigan. This client is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. In this position you will be responsible for providing customer support for in-field deployment of electrified drivetrain systems, if you have strong experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stafeflow, CANalyzer, CANape for controls software development for real-time controls, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Lead Controls System Engineer:
Work on specifications, design and development of controls software for electrified drivetrain system
Provide customer support for in-field deployment of electrified drivetrain systems
Liaison between the software and mechanical/systems engineering teams to ensure customer requirements are met with the highest standard
Collaborate with cross functional team developing specifications for electrified drivetrain systems
Specify and design system application software & diagnostics for electrified drivetrains
Develop system, component and vehicle level model for model based controls development
Develop requirements and collaborate with ECU hardware suppliers to meet ISO-26262 functional safety concept, functional safety requirements and technical safety requirements as required for target ASIL of the electrified drivetrains system
- Create DFMEA, FTA, DVP&R and other supporting development work-products to meet ISO-26262 compliance for electrified drivetrain
- Develop MIL and HIL requirements for bench-setup, testing and validation of controls software
- Work with customers to specify software features and system interfaces
- Document and track issues, maintain the list through the life of the program
- Troubleshoot issues and testing systems on benches and in vehicles
Qualifications of the Lead Controls System Engineer:
- MS in in ME/EE/CE/CS or related field (PhD preferred)
- Atleast 4 years of experience in automotive controls development. Must have experience in either conventional or EV/HEV powertrain controls.
- Experience in using Matlab/Simulink/Stafeflow, CANalyzer, CANape for controls software development for real-time software controls, including experience with C-code generation.
- Background in developing diagnostics for powertrain control modules is a must.
- Must have worked with ISO26262 to develop safety critical applications (certification preferred).
- Experience in transmission shifting strategy and/or power electronics with focus on electric motor controls is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Compensation of the Lead Controls System Engineer:
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000/Year, aligned with the experience
Location: Troy, MI
Travel: Approximately 10% travel required as needed
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfer and TN visa only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Controls, System, specification, design, development, "drive train", electrical, electronics, drivetrain, mechanical, software, electrified, application, component, "model based controls development", ECU, ISO, 26262, "functional safety", "technical safety", ASIL, DFMEA, FTA, DVP&R, MIL, HIL, test, validation, Troubleshoot, automotive, Matlab, simulink, Stafeflow, CANalyzer, CANape, AUTOSAR, embedded, CAN, CCP, XCP, Vector CANoe, dSPACE, microprocessor, PID, FIR, Filters, "State Space", "vehicle dynamics", "e-motor controls", "torque security", inverter, HV, "multi-gear transmission controls", BLDC, motor