Excellent career opportunity located in the Central Valley of California, working with an established and growing organization in the Manufacturing / Food & Beverage industry.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Finance plus 8 years of tax accounting and compliance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Masters' degree in Tax or CPA.
- Experience with income tax filings related to S Corporations.
- Experience with excise, sales/use, and property tax compliance.
- Experience with fixed asset accounting and reporting, including BNA or similar depreciation software.
- Experience effectively presenting information to top management.
- Prefer candidates residing within the State of California.
Manages the accurate and timely tax compliance and reporting processes for a privately-owned enterprise. Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and other jurisdictional tax laws and regulations (including, but not limited to, income, franchise, property, sales & use, and excise) and proper maintenance of tax-basis accounting records. Provides tax guidance and planning strategies to minimize tax burden. Participates in developing and enforcing accounting and reporting policies to meet objectives. Drives innovation and value-added improvements to the tax compliance processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manages the completion of all required tax and compliance filings for the company at the Federal and State level, and other required jurisdictions.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all internal and external tax and compliance audits, inquiries, and questions.
- Leads the enterprise-wide Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) excise tax compliance program. Develops and maintains required program and processes to ensure compliance with TTB laws and regulations. Ensures all filings are completed accurately and that excise tax payments are made on time.
- Manages the Sales & Use Tax compliance program and processes. Ensures all filings and payments are accurate and submitted timely. Validates and maintains records for sales and use tax exemptions claimed.
- Researches and responds to complex tax and accounting issues related to financial reporting, accounting policies and procedures, and special transactions.
- Manages processes related to tax-basis accounting and reporting for fixed assets, including accurate and timely capitalization and depreciation of assets, and annual filing of property tax statements.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies, income tax accounting guidelines and tax-basis reporting requirements. Interprets and applies these requirements to the business.
- Advises management on the impact of new tax law changes, decisions, rulings, regulations and proposed legislation.
- Assists the external audit and tax teams to ensure that all requests are satisfied promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for development, documentation, and ongoing compliance with internal controls.
- Develops and executes recommendations to improve systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills. Motivates team members to achieve results.
- Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives, either directly or through subordinate staff.
- Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff. Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
- PLEASE SEND RESUME IN WORD DOC FORMAT.
- PLEASE PROVIDE A WRITTEN SUMMARY OF YOUR ALIGNED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AS THEY SPECIFICALLY PERTAIN TO THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED ABOVE AND THE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY LISTED ABOVE.
- PLEASE PROVIDE INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR WILLINGNESS TO RELOCATE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCAL TO THE GEOGRAPHIC AREA NOTED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
- PLEASE PROVIDE INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR TARGETED STARTING SALARY REQUIREMENTS.