- Family owned packaging company located in Woodstock, IL has expanded and needs to hire a 1st shift mechanic
- If you enjoy working for a fast-paced operation, thrive on challenges and are excited about automation, and continuous improvement, then we want to hear from you.
- They offer great benefits, optional overtime and a place that people enjoy working at.
- Local candidates only and sponsorship is not available
- Meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer care
- Lead and be a member of projects and PMs to ensure equipment is running efficiently
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting / problem solving activities and repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime
- Maintain and repair all mechanical breakdowns, which includes pneumatics, pumps, hydraulics, presses, die cutters, sorters, packaging equipment, gears, sprockets, etc
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and work with Maintenance Electricians to troubleshoot other electrical breakdowns, PLCs and VFDs
- 5+ years of maintenance manufacturing experience. Prefer experience from one of these industries: Food, printing, packaging, or similar industry but open to any industry as long as its manufacturing
- Associates or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of training and maintenance experience
- Mechanically inclined and enjoy fixing and solving problems.
- Experience with mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electric motors, pumps, valves, belts, chains, sprockets, bearings, pulleys, gearboxes, conveyors, and able to learn complex equipment
- Able to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot down to the circuit is required. Running conduit is preferred
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills. Experience with PLC's, VFD's are a plus
- Experience with, welding, pipefitting, boilers, fabricating new parts and or HVAC is a plus
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, energetic, punctual, hard-working, and eager to work for a stable organization