Software Digital Signal Processing Engineers within the Integrated Defense Systems, Electrical Design Directorate, Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department. The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department designs, developer, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems. The Signal Process Technology group within the Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing Department focus on state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures that are used to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
**U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 3-12+ years or relevant experience
- Multithreaded application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
- Ability to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
- Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
- Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
- Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
- Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
- Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- US Citizenship
- strong C++ development in a Linux environment
- algorithm implementation experience
- experience with radar applications
- multithreaded application development