The Plant Accountant provides financial support for plant manufacturing initiatives. They are responsible for assisting the Plant Controller in performing a variety of accounting functions related to cost accounting, inventories, fixed assets, payroll, billing, month-end closing and financial reporting.
Plant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile the inventory and cost ledger accounts.
- Performs and maintains all functions related to Product Costing System.
- Creates and posts all required journal entries.
- Maintains financial records related to CA/CN activities.
- Participates in VA/VE/CR implementation timing and cost tracking.
- Performs variance analysis between actual and standard costs.
- Coordinates supplier purchase order amendments price changes related to PACT agreements, engineering changes, or other cost reductions initiatives.
- Assists Plant Controller in preparation of analysis of manufacturing costs for inclusion in period forecasts.
- Produces all reports necessary for month-end closing.
- Provides in-depth analysis of general ledger transactions to determine proper cost assignment.
- Prepares daily panel measurables for reporting in staff meeting.
- Monitors operations transactions (inventory, scrap, etc).
- Assists department managers in analysis of data.
- As an auditor, assists with physical inventories to ensure the accuracy of the physical counts with reconciliation.
- Supports and participates in Cost Reduction Teams and Kaizens.
- Prepare plant monthly and annual financial results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Prepare analysis of financial and operating information as required.
- Prepare the annual business plan and forecast.
- Uses Best Business Practices as a tool to identify and drive cost reductions throughout the plant.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Must have Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in cost accounting areas, or related experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be experienced with computerized accounting systems and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and corporate personnel.