Responsible for servicing and supporting existing clients through; weekly or biweekly, in-person sales contacts. Prospects and supports new clients by calling on TPAs, Insurance Companies and Self-insured employers within the territory to identify areas of managed care need and demonstrates how that need can be met.
- Growing and maintaining a monthly pipeline based on set and measurable financial goals.
- Participating in monthly pipeline conference calls with RSM and RVP detailing the probability for closure of prospects at 75% or better.
- Completing a weekly Action Plan or Call Report as designated by the regions senior management team.
- Providing product and service presentations to existing accounts as well as new prospects.
- Participating in the completion and submission of RFPs.
- Identifying the proper direction of a lead for local, regional or national attentions.
- Staying informed of product knowledge as it is updated.
- Maintaining a strong pipeline of sales leads.
- Extensive travel may be expected and/or required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2+ years sales experience required.
- Must possess knowledge of the medical and/or insurance industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone manners and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite with such programs as Word and Excel as well as have experience with internet searches and a comfort level with other software programs.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently is also required for this position.