The company is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world.?? With industry leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, the company continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment.? The recent integration of Rapid Recovery and Diversified Pure Chem reinforce our continued commitment to our customers and the industry in which we serve.? Together we become the number one provider in the end-to-end supply and reclamation service for our customers.??
The Controls Engineer will manage electrical projects for the specification, design and installation of new equipment. Also, effectively communicate with a cross-disciplinary Engineering Team and coordinate with our Operations Teams to provide solutions and improvements across American Sites.
Director of Engineering
Primary Place of Work
- Repair and troubleshoot existing PLC programming
- Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements.
- Troubleshooting issues with hardware and equipment
- Provide support and technical evaluation for the purchase of capital equipment
- Ensure that systems are electrically and mechanically safe
- Plan and manage preventative maintenance system
- Work with others to detect problems and implement solutions
- Provide and deliver training for site staff
- Coordinate with Operations Team to maintain and minimize equipment downtime
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations on needed maintenance
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years or more of experience in a related field
- Experience of managing electrical projects from concept to delivery
- PLC programming experience preferably Allen Bradley
- Experience in using AutoCAD or similar drawing package
- Strong cause-effect analytical abilities to solve problems. Excellent communication skills.
- Broad computer programming experience
- Contract management experience
- Ability to read P&ID drawings
Skills and Competencies
- Teamwork and communication
- Interest and enjoyment in working with people
- Contributes to an engaging, positive and open environment and supports delivery of company and department goals
- Demonstrates a good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, capable of communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Self-Management and Motivation
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Confident, enthusiastic, and a team player with a 'can do' attitude; driven to achieve the optimum outcome
- Take responsibility for achieving goals and resolving issues
- Has a style of working that fits with the SPOT ON values: Sense of fun, Sense of Purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, and Respect