Maintenance Technician Night Shift
Sioux City, IA
Our food manufacturing client is actively seeking a Maintenance Technician to add to their night shift production in Sioux City, IA. This Technician is responsible for ensuring the proper performance of the equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical/mechanical problems for processing, packaging and material handling equipment.
- Understand the parts inventory system.
- Assist and complete special projects.
- Communicate all process inefficiencies, equipment malfunctions, safety concerns and GMP issues to the Production Supervisor.
- General cleaning of equipment and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Ability to maintain the equipment and perform proper maintenance of the machinery.
- 1+ year of industrial electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, welding and torch cutting, waste treatment equipment including: centrifuges, clarifiers, dewatering equipment and pumps.
- Ability to work with packaging equipment, processing equipment, cooking equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot material handling equipment to include: augers, pumps, blowers, motors, conveyors, cutting equipment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Time
Maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, food manufacturing, manufacturing, food production