Lead Engineer - Telecommunications
Location: Greater Boston MA
Seeking Lead Telecommunications Engineer to plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments (design & implementation) in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication construction projects for a large investor-owned utility.
- Working on and leading projects to design, implement and operate the telecommunication systems to support Electric, Gas and Water operations of the utility.
- Working with and providing support for field construction and maintenance of telecommunication assets/infrastructure including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless networks, fiber optics, various multiplexers, paging systems and subsystems.
- Management of engineers (union and non-union) responsible for configuration and specification of telecom equipment / hardware.
- Understanding of and compliance with requirements and standards set forth by industry organizations and regulatory bodies such as FCC, IEEE, etc...
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering,Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Master's degree and/or Professional Engineer (PE) license is desired.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Very high standards of professional and technical competence and a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering techniques
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to the engineering of telecommunication systems.
Salary: $DOE. Comprehensive benefits within a top-level organization.