Our client is an industrial distributor of major manufacturers of generators and associated control equipment. They sell, service, install, repair and rent emergency and prime power generator sets in the residential, industrial and commercial markets
- Selling Sales Engineer will be a key player in driving sales by providing value to the customer through with a high level of customer service, technical expertise and product knowledge.
- Provide guidance and assistance in developing solutions and specifications to address the customer’s generator and emergency power needs.
- Work with the Branch Manager and the sales team by providing quotations for customer orders, customer service and support, technical support, order management, after-sales support and sourcing new business and sales opportunities.
Compensation-Base salary plus commission -$150,000 earnings the in first year and over $100,000 in the second year
- Call on contractors, engineers and end-users to drive market penetration, top line revenue and engineer specification
- Maintain strong relationships with existing
- Provide quotes on various products the company offers to
- Support engineers with technical expertise to drive specification
- Interpret job specifications and project
- Develop quotations and price the job to the customer
- Represent company in negotiations with
- Follow up with the customer and offer assistance with the
- Provide details for inside order
- Procure applicable factory discounts when needed to help secure
- Maintain customer communication throughout the lifecycle of each
- Communicate and clarify with the engineering and design team regarding customer order specifications for each
- Maintain customer contact by conducting site
- Answer customer inquiries and provide regular project updates to Managers.
- Perform other support duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field is a plus
- Five years of sales engineering experience
- Technical and mechanical skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communications skills both written and oral
- Excellent understanding of company products and services and possess the ability to present this information to the non-technical audience and
- Knowledge and experience with generator standards for NFPA 110 a plus.
- Knowledge of equipment testing and listing
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Disciplined and systematic problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical analysis skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Professional business-like manner
- Local travel is required for this position with potential for occasional overnight travel
- Must be able to pass drug test and background screening