Senior Production Planner
- Co-packaging manufacturer located in Oak Park, IL offers excellent benefits, growth potential and family like culture that has excellent retention
- This role will report to the General Manager and is newly created due to expansion. Organization has been in business for 32 years and has 8 locations nationwide
- Local candidates preferred
- Responsible for the coordination of production plans, master schedule production schedules and assembly schedules for 800+ SKUs.
- Develop and monitor manufacturing build plans to support the sales forecast.
- Maintain effective control of change activities and work with manufacturing to resolve down-time issues or orders not produced on time to ensure on time deliveries for customers
- Achieve objectives for inventory levels, cycle times, manufacturing productivity, costs, and customer service.
- Lead efforts to improve Operations and Supply Chain efficiencies.
- Convert the plans into a detailed master schedule, supported by resources, the customer, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Create and revise a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projected master production schedule based on customer orders, inventory and business requirements
- Work closely with Operations, Sales, customer service, and Production management to understand production requirements
- Work with Quality to document and resolve supplier corrective action reports (SCAR)
- Evaluate and recommend ideas to increase efficiency and productivity
- Bachelors degree in related field or 5+ years of related planning experience specifically in a Production Control/Planning and scheduling environment using an integrated MRP system and MS Excel (Oracle, or JDE, NetSuite or similar systems preferred).
- 3+ years of master scheduling /senior production planning experience in a manual assembly, contract packaging or similar operation
- High degree of analytical skills related to planning and being hands-on with manufacturing requirements.
- Provide long and short-term production plans to balance customer demand, labor and equipment capacity and operating efficiencies
- Partner with Operations, QA/QC, Engineering and other teams to develop plans, implement projects and meet customer demand
- Provide leadership to a high performing team, work well with ambiguity, and is flexible within a complex, ever changing environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and manage multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office, etc.