We have a Fortune 250 food manufacturer that has an opening for an Area Human Resources Manager for a Modesto, CA area location. The Area Human Resources Manager provides strategic Human Resource leadership and partnership at multiple plants in three locations. The individual partners with the Western Regional Manager and team in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating HR activities. Leads efforts related to positive employee relations and takes a proactive role in shaping the plant environment to encourage continuous improvement and driving world class results in cost, quality, service, people, and environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong Leadership and Knowledge of California Labor and Employment Laws.
- Leads initiatives to foster positive employee relations, an engaged workforce, a positive culture, and effective communication throughout the plant by working collaboratively with leaders and hourly employees.
- Owns the development, application, and interpretation of policies and practices and ensures compliance with all applicable laws.
- Coaches leaders on how to solve employee relations issues.
- Partners with plant leadership to consistently and fairly apply disciplinary actions and improvement plans.
- Plays a key leadership role in representing the Company in maintaining a nonunion environment.
- Develops recruiting strategies to attract and retain top talent for both salaried and hourly positions. Manages selection process to include screening, interviewing, assessing candidates, and recommending finalists.
- Influences and implements corporate wide programs related to performance management, talent and succession planning, and career development.
- Ensures leaders and other top talent are being developed and retained.
- Provides work direction to two HR administrative position and provides leadership and guidance on day to day work.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to support 24/7 business.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Seven years’ experience (minimum) in Human Resources with concentration in employee/labor relations and manufacturing required. Experience working in a 24/7 Manufacturing setting.
- Strong leadership, communication skills (in both small and large groups) and ability to influence, lead, and drive change in a complex manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to engage with employees of all levels in a manufacturing facility including “management by walking around.”
- Experience in a unionized and non-unionized manufacturing environment.
- Fluent Bilingual Spanish is required.
- Ability to travel minimum 25% of the time, some overnight may be required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field is preferred.
- Human Resources certification (SPHR, PHR) preferred.
- Familiarity with ADP/E-Time payroll and Workday (ERP) systems.
- Project management experience applicable to Human Resources, cross-functional initiatives and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement.
- Strong verbal, written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Compensation & Relocation:
The client offers a generous salary plus bonus plan in addition to an outstanding relocation package