Our food manufacturing client is actively searching for a Maintenance Technician in the Elizabeth, NJ area willing to work a 2nd or 3rd shift. This Technician will be responsible to insure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks, insuring regulatory compliance.
- Execute preventative maintenance requirements on all basic as well as filling and processing equipment.
- Read and translate equipment manuals and work orders as required for maintenance and service.
- Fine-tune and operate repairs on various equipment including; mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics operations.
- Monitor efficiency of all equipment and locate sources of problems by observing equipment in operation.
- Adjust all necessary components of equipment as needed using hand tools, plumb bobs and straightedges.
- Must adhere to budget, USDA, OSHA, SQF and FDA compliance guidelines.
- High School diploma required.
- 3+ years of related experience in packing machines/production machines.
- General hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Strong hands on mechanical/general maintenance background.
- Intermediate knowledge of plumbing, heating and refrigeration.
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Time
Mechanic, maintenance, installation, USDA, OSHA, SQF, FDA, maintenance technician, food manufacturing, food production, repairs, efficiency, equipment, mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, operations, tools, service