Accounts Payable Manager
Our client is actively searching for an Accounts Payable Manager in the Waterloo, IA area. This Manager is responsible for day-to-day leadership of the team; overseeing the payment processing throughout the facility while managing the AP Team.
- Standardize, simplify and optimize invoice-to-pay process utilizing lean techniques to capture financial efficiency and process effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in all components of accounts payable to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of supplier payments.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and customer responsiveness, teach and mentor in the application of lean techniques to performance improvement efforts.
- Champion process optimization, standardization and improvement initiatives for invoice processing, invoice resolution, cash disbursements and internal controls.
- Driving resolution of root cause in supplier invoice exception e.g. matching errors of vendor invoice, purchase order and receipt acknowledgement.
- Ensure service performance meets business needs and quality, delivery and cost expectations; promote corrective and preventative action for deviations from key performance metrics.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or Travel and Expense Management.
- Management experience managing a staff size of 5-10+ employees.
- Proficient in using Oracle Accounts Payable and SAP a plus.
- Experience in accounting and financial systems.
- Experience in process improvement and application systems implementation.
- Experience working in a high volume/automated facility.
- Competitive salary
- Advancement opportunities
- Full range of medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Vacation
Accounting, AP, finance, business, accounts payable, oracle