- BASE $110-125K
- $750 car allowance per month
- 40% commission at target
- $168K+ $9,000= $177,000 OTE
City Region- Mid Atlantic home base near an airport
Territory Covered- Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
Job Title- Business Development Manager
Products/ Services Sold:
- ADME, DMPK, Toxicology Services
- In Vivo and In Vitro Drug Development Testing Services
- Custom Assay Development Services
- Preclinical Drug Discovery Programs
- PK/PD Studies
Leading-edge global contract research organization representing full preclinical Bioanalytical Solutions, full scale In Vitro and In Vivo ADME and PK/PD, Comprehensive Preclinical Toxicology Services into Biopharmaceutical organizations, Biotechnology companies, VC, non-profit, and research institutes in and Existing Northeast Territory.
Do you have life science services sales experience? Are you looking to grow your career and align with a global powerhouse with a wide portfolio and an industry-recognized name?
- Identify potential business prospects (leads) in the Boston region across pharma, biotech, VC, non-profits, research institutes.
- Identify key decision-makers relative to research services division business for potential contact
- Qualify leads and present opportunities to the technical team and senior leadership
- Facilitate business meeting with proper agenda, attendees, focus on opportunity and follow-up; meeting summary and action items
- Project professional image of research services division as a solutions provider with clearly articulated messages
- Support proposal writing with the technical team with an emphasis on consistency, quality of proposal; presentation of the proposal to the customer
- Support proposal negotiation to close contract as defined by the supervisor
- Point of contact for research services division and customer; ensure communication channels; pro-actively identify areas of growth opportunity; ensure stable relationship, identify issues which could jeopardize partnership; pose solutions
- Effective representation of research services division at various meetings/conferences; event planning and execution
- Work with senior leadership during crisis management.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal business partners
Experience / Education
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred but not required.
- At least 5+ years life science experience.
- At least 5+ years of successful sales and territory management experience, preferably within the CMO / CRO space.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong gravitas and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated Listening and empathy
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies and tactics
- Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Good command of English, written or verbal.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties with the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM tool).
- Travel up to 30% of the time with overnight stays within territory.