This is a great opportunity to plug into a growing carrier that does close to $4BB in GWP. The client has grown organically and through a number of significant acquisitions over the last few years. The carrier is in the P&C and A&H space and has a strong combined ratio and has a global footprint.
The new Head of Audit came in to organize and strengthen the internal controls function. Much of the work was done on a co-sourcing basis only because the company was in the middle of buying and integrating operations. The new head of audit has brought much of this in house. The Head of Audit would like to hire an Auditor or Senior Auditor with an eye towards growing the team and developing bench strength for future promotion. Big 4 or Regional firm experience from external audit and insurance experience is great or audit/accounting experience from the insurance industry or related would work also. You can expect to be part of a team that get involved in diverse audits, so this is an opportunity to see much, get involved in much and to make an impact.
- Operational, contractual, regulatory audits
- MAR/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
- Review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls of manual and automated operations
- Work with external auditors and insurance examiners
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships
- Strong time management, initiative, project management and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge Risk Management
- Working knowledge of related accounting principles and transactions
- General understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) ideal