Develops strategic plans and policies for improved quality throughout the hospital and works with top management to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. Typically requires a bachelors degree in the field or a related area, at least 10 years of experience in the field and certification as a registered nurse. Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures.
Director, Risk Management RN
Leads and directs all quality management activities for the hospital including patient care and relations, JHACO compliance, risk management and safety, performance improvement, and infection control.
•Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
•RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
• BS required, MS or JD preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across disciplines
• Ability to analyze data, formulate meaningful information
• Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion
• Training in patient safety or risk management and quality/performance
• Improvement methodology, concepts, education and implementation
• Membership and active participation in professional organization(s)
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred
• State licensed when indicated